IMG_0372 Uploaded on February 7, 2006 by seveno2003
- That life is not about just getting by. To feel alive you need to be exhilarated and joyful. Surround yourself with things that make you happy and find something to smile about each day.
- Sometimes you just need a place to hide. It can be inside like a bookstore or library, or outside in the backyard or the beach; or even just alone in your bedroom. Find your special space to get away for a while.
- Being open to new experiences brings satisfaction and pleasure. Each time you try something new or learn a skill, you will expand your boundaries and redefine yourself.
- Silence is blessed. Through writing, meditation, or a simple walk, your mind clears and your thoughts slow down. Quiet times bring discovery. If you don’t like what you find, this is a perfect opportunity to begin change.
- Standing up for your beliefs when they differ from “everyone else’s” is hard, but being true to yourself brings you peace.
- Life is not as miserable as TV news makes it out to be.
- Helping others is the surest way to take your mind off your own worries.
- Mistakes are easier to accept when you are able to learn from them. The biggest mistakes have the greatest insights.
- Take care of yourself first. If you are confused, annoyed or irritated, take a few minutes for yourself. Even if you have to lock yourself in the bathroom, take the time to collect your thoughts and take a few deep breaths. You will be calmer and can nip aggravation in the bud – and keep it from spreading.