Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Blogging Frustration


I’m new to the blogging world – brand new. I haven’t ever had a blog before and have only learned the terminology in the last week. I started a blog on Wordpress.com, and a week later I started one on Blogger.com as well. I thought that having two different blogs would help me understand how all the technology works and the different terminology between the two. Boy was I right!

It can get so frustrating. Sure, I’ve learned a ton more than I would have if I had stayed only on Wordpress. They work very differently and take some getting used to. Also, they offer different options from one another. These differences will help me decide what to use once I get some readership and activity going.

It’s all so time-consuming! Wow. Writing the articles is the easy part. It’s setting everything up, checking and re-checking to see that it looks right, and adding tags, labels and other descriptions so people can find me.

I like writing, but could never seem to stay focused on a book. Even though I love other people’s books; characters and ideas just never seemed to form into a good story for me. I played with the idea of writing greeting cards, but it’s hard to get started in the business, so it’s kind of on the back burner.

Blogging, though new to me, has really captured my attention. I love the idea of sharing your thoughts, ideas, and knowledge with others. It’s exciting how the comments can really develop an idea, or introduce a new idea. The feedback from others is definitely the best part - - now if I can only get some feedback on my blogs!

Thanks for reading everyone. Please send me your thoughts and comments

A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new. Albert Einstein

1 comment:

1UP RPG said...

Welcome to blogging! I'm glad I found your site. We seem to share very similar philosophies as to why we're blogging.

I've just subscribed and look forward to reading more of what you have to say.

Have a great day!

Bob

Every, Every Minute