When does the rainbows get here? By Todd Baker .
Yes, it’s true; it’s raining ponds and puddles right now. Since we’ve been in quite a drought for a while, this is making me very happy. Just to prove that it’s not only the end of the drought that is making the rain fun, here are my top 10 reasons why it’s great:
- There are now puddles to splash in.
- Frogs, turtles and ducks are really enjoying themselves right now.
- Mud baths are great for softer skin.
- Rain is a great excuse to read a book or watch a movie.
- Ponds and rivers are filling up; the waterfalls are bigger than usual.
- Pests like flies, bees, and mosquitoes are nowhere to be seen.
- You get a chance to find leaks and holes in your roof before winter comes.
- It’s a good reason to put off chores like cutting the grass and washing the car.
- If it rains for a week you get your own personal pool.
- The chance to look for rainbows when the rain stops.