by allspice1 Time limitedOriginally uploaded by allspice1
We all have those days when we’re feeling lonely, bored or depressed. We just need a little pick-me-up, but perhaps our family or friends are busy or out of town. Maybe we just want to cherish memories of fun things we enjoy. Whatever the reason a Funny File will add some fun and laughter to your life.
This is simply a place to collect funny items that make you smile, chuckle or laugh out loud. Bumper stickers, newspaper cartoons, cute pictures, greeting cards or quotes about humor. Anything at all. A Cheer Box is the same thing, just for bigger and bulkier items. Funny buttons, character pens and pencils, cute post-it notes, collectible figures of your favorite character or animal and more. The idea is to have a box of amusing and playful items and to keep them all in one area. I’ve had a Funny File for over 3 years, and I refer to it quite often. It’s often a great way to break through writer’s block and it enhances creativity. Plus it’s just fun.
Here are just a few items I have on hand:
- A Spongebob Squarepants figure with a button that changes his eyes from small to large and then to hearts.
- About 10 Weird Al Yankovic CD's.
- Pictures of Redskin’s player Clinton Portis dressed up in crazy costumes for his interviews.
- Spongebob Squarepants pens and pencils.
- Bumper sticker quotes I found on the Internet.
- Mike Kerr’s article 130 ways to put humour to work.
An old issue of Time Magazine called The Science of Happiness.
Try it for yourself and let me know how it works. And feel free to submit additional ideas to add to the fun. Have a great day!