Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dream big – maybe you too can fly!

It’s important to dream. To look into ourselves and find our deepest and fondest desires. Some dreams are big, like climbing Mount Everest or sailing around the world. Some are a bit smaller like working from home or buying a brand-new car. No matter what our current dream is, it’s important to have one.

Remember when you were little and thought you would be an astronaut, a lion tamer or a race-car driver? Live those dreams now. Go to space camp, become a zoologist or take a racing class. Let go and have fun. You’ll re-energize yourself and your life.

One thing I always wanted to do was fly. I didn’t really care how – ride a magic carpet, get Superman’s powers, or saddled on a winged-horse. This year I got my chance. My neighbor offered to fly me on his ultra-light plane. Basically it’s a hang-glider with a motor. Here's a picture:

Sure I’ve been on a commercial jet once or twice, but you’re surrounded by people and can’t see. This was totally different. I flew over the mountains of West Virginia. There was nothing but a steel frame and bucket seat between me and the ground. No sides, no windshield, nothing else. It was one of the most exhilarating things I’ve ever done. Here is some of the video I took with my camera:


No comments: