Jumpin’ in the rain by Tony the Misfit
When life gets a little too routine, and each day is the same as the one before you can find yourself feeling restless, fidgety and bored. Here are a few ideas to help you add a spark of creativity to your week and shake things up a bit:
- Go underground. Go back in time through millions of years as you explore the strange and exotic formations of stone and mineral deposits. Transport yourself to a different realm and beat the summer heat in cool cave retreat.
- Take your spouse on a date. Plan a surprise date without your spouse’s knowledge. Go to a show, have a romantic dinner, attend a music concert, go dancing or see a comedy act. Just have fun and spend some time together with just the two of you.
- Wear different clothes. Use bright colors, add accessories like belts, hats, sparkling jewelry, a fancy suit or whatever makes you feel good.
- Escape from technology. Go on a 4 hour cruise and leave your cell phone behind, just you and the gleaming blue sea. Camp in a rustic hut and leave the laptop and organizer at home. With no TV, newspaper or radio, you’ll notice the sweet pine-scented air and hear the birds singing all day.
- Be someone else. Go to a costume party and dress entirely different than your everyday life. Volunteer with a house project and learn skills like painting and carpentry. Or join a community event and help out with decorations or fundraising. Find new passions and skills.
- Do something romantic. Take a horseback ride through rolling green pastures and have a secluded picnic for two. Rent a room by the ocean and make love to the sound of the surf. Go for a midnight skinny-dip or sensual shower.
- Eat somewhere new. Grill outside and eat in the pink and orange rays of the setting sun. Have a meal at the park while the kids run around and tire themselves out. Eat at the beach where the salty sea air stimulates your appetite. Set the kitchen table with your best tablecloth and fancy dishes and have a feast.
- Do something crazy! Is it raining outside? Great! Go outside and do your own rendition of “Singing in the Rain.” (Beware that if you sing as well as dance you may scare away even more people with your voice alone.) Put on some old clothes and splash through some mud. It’s summertime – you won’t catch a cold. Have fun, let loose and just be silly!