Tuesday, October 23, 2007

PSP’s aren’t just for kids.


I love technology; computers, big-screen LCD TV’s, portable cell phones and all those fun gadgets. I love playing video games too. When I was a kid I used to love going to the laundry mat because the owner had a Pac-Man arcade game and an air hockey table. My brother and I would save our quarters up and play for hours.

The PSP game system by Sony has lots of features other than games. It has an MP3 player so you can save your favorite songs, and you can add videos and pictures as well. One of the first things I did was to load my system with favorite funny pictures and a few goofy songs. At my last job I did a lot of data input and was able to listen to CD's while I worked. Whenever I had a hard day those cartoon theme songs or a little ditty about a purple people eater would make me smile.

You can also watch movies on your PSP or do a puzzle. It’s so easy to do one or two while you’re in the dentist’s waiting room or sitting in your car. I love the number game Sudoku, and I just got a game called Puzzle Challenge. It has crosswords, word searches, logic games and more. You can also get the classic arcade games like Pac-Man, Galaga and Dig-Dug. There are tons of other games as well.

Oh and did I mention that you can web surf as well? I have tried it on mine just to see what it could do. I admit the screen is a bit small for the Internet, and a bit slow. But it could be very useful for getting directions on the road, looking up a pizza place while on vacation, or checking your email. It’s just one more accessory for you to use.

Because the PSP uses a memory card, you can upgrade the system to hold more data. You can also save your pictures and songs with the PSP Media manager on your computer so you can change them whenever you want. What mom doesn’t want to carry around a slideshow of her kids? Who wouldn’t enjoy a game of solitaire while waiting for the doctor? All in all it’s a very versatile machine and a lot of fun. Try it for yourself.

No comments: