Loose change 2 Uploaded on October 9, 2006 by jswieringa
I’m always looking for ideas to have fun that are easy, inexpensive and of course fun, fun, fun. Here are a few I’ve tried myself. . .
- Rent some videos and invite 5 friends to join you. It’s cheap, easy, and it’s always more fun to watch with friends than all alone. How about some popcorn or chocolate covered peanuts too?
- If you own a pool, have a pool party. If not, how about a sprinkler party? Or have a water-balloon blast or a squirt-gun war. Cool off, be silly and enjoy yourself.
- Visit a local or state park. Have a picnic, hike a wooded trail, swing at the free playground, bird watch, fish or play at the beach. There lots to do if you just look for it.
- Get a library card – it’s not just for books anymore. Borrow music and movies or surf the Internet. All for free! Now that’s a deal.
- Bargain shop. Visit flea markets, yard sales, thrift stores or even Ebay. Find your favorite movie or TV character, a playful poster or a funny movie to watch. There’s something for everyone.
- Explore. Visit the monkeys at the zoo, touch everything at the Hands-On Museum, or watch a historical reenactment. Look at your local calendar of events for new ideas.
- Play. Visit a mini-golf course, go bowling, roller-skate, or go for a bike ride. Go for a perfect score, see if you can beat your last record, or just try something you’ve never done before.
- Volunteer. Join a clown troupe and visit the sick, walk dogs at the local humane society. Be a big brother or sister for the
United Way. Use your interests to help someone who needs it. (I’ve done 2 out of 3 myself.)
- Do some crafts. Paint a rock welcome sign for your porch, plant a flower garden, or use family photos to make a calendar gift for Christmas.
- Plan a potluck party. Have an ice-cream social, Italian night or soup & salad bonanza. Pick a style of food you and your friends like and have everyone bring a dish. Food and fun go hand-to-mouth. :0)
- Put a tutu on your dog and take him for a walk.
- Find the perfect joke then secretly tape your mom’s snort of laughter.
- Host a juggling lesson for people who have never tried it.
- Invite your grandmother to a hula-hoop competition.
- Give out bubbles, silly string or balloons at your next party.
- Play laundry basket-ball with a Nerf ball.
- Have a dance contest where you invent your own dance moves.