Friday, October 5, 2007

Freaky Friday Fun!


Pumpkin 012 Uploaded on January 29, 2007 by Uriah Welcome

Since Halloween is soon to arrive and I find it hilarious fun, I thought I’d include some freaky fun every Friday for the month of October. What is your favorite part of Halloween? Being scared? Getting candy? Pumpkin carving? Costumes?

Halloween has been attacked and maligned in the last decade or so by well-meaning but misguided adults. One night of make-believe and dressing up like a witch will not turn your child to the dark side. In my estimate, at least 90% of the people who participate in Halloween do it solely for the atmosphere of fun! It’s a chance to be different – learning how a pirate talks, putting on the fancy dress and jewelry of a princess, or dreaming up a silly outfit like “Smarty Pants.”

The parties and candy are part of the allure. To get together with friends, eating, playing games and having a good time are ingrained into the Halloweens I remember from my youth. Trick-or-treating door to door in the dark of night, held a slightly fearful fascination for me. Although I knew I was perfectly safe as my mom or dad waited on the sidewalk with a flashlight, the anticipation of visiting a stranger’s door was tinged with fear of the unknown.

Since I’m currently living nowhere near any children to entertain this Halloween, I hope some of you reading this will share your Halloween fun with me! Send me pictures of your children’s costume, and share your funniest moments here. I’d love to hear from you.

To get your Halloween planning started off right, here are a few spooktacular links:

Costume Ideas

Halloween Party Ideas

Frightfully Good Recipes

Pumpkin Carving Tips

No comments: