Roller coaster and a hot dog by ReefRaff
It’s summertime – and that means the ads for every amusement park from
- Disney World, Orlando, FL. One of the top destinations for millions of kids and their families, this has to be one of the top parks for one main reason; its creator Walt Disney.Mr. Disney’s view of a family-friendly, creative and imaginative environment has turned into an interactive, all-inclusive, extravaganza of fun for people of all ages.
- Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH. This park pops up is mentioned over and over.With a huge diversity of entertainment, from water rides and roller coasters to carousels and children’s rides, there is something for everyone.
- Sea World, San Diego, CA.It’s hard to resist a park that gives you an up-close and personal look at creatures you can’t see any other way.Whales, dolphins, seals and more abound at this undersea oasis.Full of amazing sights and even hands-on events, this park is ideal for those who want to see another side of our world – the wet side.
- Busch Garden, Williamsburg VA. With thrilling rides and eye-popping shows, and thick, lush landscaping, you can enter another time and place at
.Beautifully themed “hamlets” include French, German, Irish, Scottish and Italian will delight you with delicious food, souvenir shops and musical performances for every taste. Busch Gardens
- Six Flags, CA, GA, IL, KY, MA, MO, NJ, TX.With over 8 parks spread across the
, there’s likely one nearby no matter where you live.From animal parks to water parks and everything in between, you’re sure to have fun. Full of characters like Scooby Doo, Bugs Bunny, Superman and Batman, these parks appeal to the kid in all of us. U.S.
If you’re unfamiliar with parks in your area, try visiting Theme Park City for a state-by-state list. Don’t miss some of these lesser-known, but extremely fun parks:
- Hershey Park, PA. More than just a chocolate lovers retreat, this park offers water rides, roller coasters, concerts and more.
- Dollywood, Pigeon Forge, TN. Located in the picturesque
Great Smoky Mountains, this park offers the award-winning Thunderhead wooden roller coaster as well as a chance to see the ancient crafts of blacksmithing, glass blowing and wood carving.
- Wisconsin Dells Indoor Water Park. How else do you keep the summer fun going all year long? Put your water park inside! No matter what the weather you can float your cares away at the Wisconsin Dells water park.
- Stone Mountain Park, GA. From the thrilling rope-like Sky Hike, to the Summit Skyride with mountain views, take a ride on the Ducks, the super-cool amphibious vehicles, and after a game of miniature golf, enjoy a spectacular fireworks and laser show to end the evening.
For further information, or a burst of inspiration, check out these theme park review sites:
Screamscape – the ultimate guide to theme parks.