Thursday, January 31, 2008

Be Inspired Every Day


Double Bows by Nicholas_T


Each new day is a blank canvas waiting for you to fill it. There are so many opportunities for joy, laughter and fun.
Inspiration can come from anything. For me it is often something totally spontaneous, like a song on the radio, a funny commercial, or hearing a child laughing. Anything that causes you to play, smile, and enjoy life.

I am often awed by the beauty of the world around me; a rainbow after a storm, the bright white glittering of stars in the darkness, even the reflection of the sky in a puddle of water. I am amazed by the compassion and love of strangers who rescue a child from a burning building, donate a kidney to their sick friend, and adopt handicapped children into their families.

Faith and the power of the human spirit shines through in the words and deeds of some of my favorite mentors like the Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa, the teachings of Buddha, Jesus Christ and Confucius. I am enthralled by the dedication and remarkable advancements made daily in the fields of science and medicine.

I’m captivated by the everyday items many take for granted; the small size and versatility of the cell phone, the light weight and durability of the laptop, and incredible resolution and detail of the digital camera and LCD TV. The ingenuity of corporations to produce ever more useful and convenient electronics for the everyday person is astounding.

No matter where you look you can find an endless supply of splendor, wonder and delight. Whether you are watching the undersea world of whales on TV, reading the newest scientific developments in the paper, or simply taking a walk through your neighborhood, beauty and marvels of all sorts await you around every corner.

Here are a few every day sights and sounds that endlessly spark my imagination and stimulate my senses:

  • Fluffy white clouds against a brilliant blue sky.
  • The green rolling hills where deer and cattle graze.
  • The delicious scent of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven.
  • Drumming raindrops lulling me to sleep at night.
  • Catching a smile on the face of a child.
  • A butterfly fluttering along on the wind.
  • The heavenly sounds of the classical greats; Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and others.
  • The songs of birds high in the trees.
  • The playful antics of my two dogs.

I also love to see new art, even if it’s just the drawings of my 12 year old niece or the doodles of a bored coworker. I love special effects in TV and movies and the vivid writing of the many fiction writers out there – both adult and children’s authors. There is so much out there to see and experience. Don’t let a chance to stop and smell the flowers pass you by.

No comments: